Saturday, July 11, 2009

The Breakfast Club

First thing in the morning, I look out at the feeder to see who my breakfast guests might be. Yesterday morning, I grabbed my camera and raced out to the patio in my jammies. (Luckily the privacy factor in our yard is high and no one was turned to stone by gazing at my early morning visage.) I was quick enough to catch a few shots of the guests who had finished dining and were preparing to depart. Gizzy slept through it all. Way to go Giz!

Here's Mom and her ducklings all in a huddle.


They are making their way to the edge of the yard where a small
stream forms the property line between our yard and the park.



Now that the babies have left, the rest of the clan flies in.


So long guys!

6 comments:

Ziggy Stardust said...

Those are so incredible.

Anne and Sasha

countryliving said...

What a wildlife refuge........ducks galore.......
Cool.

My Mind's Eye said...

Gizzy mom got some great pictures today of mother duck and her ducklings all in a row...early shutter bug does indeed snap the best shots.
Madi and Mom

Unknown said...

Very popular place to eat I see. Very cool!

Kathy said...

How fun to find ducklings in your yard, cleaning up the mess the finches left, no doubt! I can hear them: peep, peep, peep!
Kathy

Ms. ~K said...

How cool is that...just Ducky, my dear!!!!
What do you feed them?