Sunday, November 8, 2009

The Visitor

We've had another visitor but this one was unseen. It's been about a year since the visitor was here last. I wrote about him (or her) when I was setting up my blog for the first time. It came again in the dark of night but, this time, I was too lazy to run to the window to turn on the light to see what caused the noise I heard out in the yard. We found the broken .. and empty .. feeder on the ground this morning. Giz wanted to leave a warning on it but Pawpa successfully discouraged that.


There were a few diners out there who wondered where breakfast went.





7 comments:

Ms. ~K said...

Poor birdies look so confused...
Giz, you stay away from that bear!!!!

My Mind's Eye said...

Oh Giz looks like a big Alaskan bear visited you all last night..and he was quite destructive. Poor birdies now is the time they really need the seeds too. I expect Mom hates to put up a new feeder with that thing running loose.
Madi and Mom

Unknown said...

Oh My! What to do now? Sure hope you can continue to feed the birdies!

Kathy said...

Stupid black bear! I hope he didn't break the bird feeder beyond repair! The Feathered Friends need their seed!

Great shot of the White-Throated Sparrow (uncommon in the west)! The Tufted Titmouse is so cute with the big eyes and blue feet! Silly woodpecker, you're suppose to face the camera!(He must be in kahootz with Giz!) Pretty markings on his back, but I want to see your face!

I know how hard it is to get bird pics! Kudos to you Bette!!
Kathy

Anonymous said...

We have the same problem, but it's deer and raccoons who are always knocking down the feeders...
Great pictures of the birds!

Anonymous said...

Poor birdies...sitting around looking for Gizzy's Diner. Your bird pics are good!

Liz

Ziggy Stardust said...

Gizzy, you must not allow this to happen again in your yard. I mean who's yard is it??

licks and sniffs, Sasha