Monday, November 2, 2009

Monday Memory

This is a slightly "different" Monday memory. This memory has been good for a few chuckles since July. On our trip to Florida, we stopped at a rest area in Gainesville. As I was exiting the car, my husband said he would get out to stretch his legs. I was looking around as I closed the car door when I saw a sign by the sidewalk and started to stutter. Finally, I was able to say "I hope you aren't planning on waiting on the grass" as I pointed at the sign. I didn't see any snakes but, frankly, I was no longer as eager to stretch my legs as I had been and wondered exactly how many miles it was until the next rest stop.

(Just click on the picture to enlarge it.)

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Those Floridians are so full of mischief, aren't they?!
Maybe that's how they keep the grass so nice!
Nobody wants to walk there!! LOL

My Mind's Eye said...

Hi Giz
Well look at that Raider is up there.
Oh my word I HATE snakes....I would have been doing the hokey pokey trying to get back in the car.
Madi and Mom

JacksDad said...

Florida does have its share of nasty reptiles. I had a dog get bit on the nose once by one, so I think I would heed the warning!

Unknown said...

LOL I think I know that place! Actually there are a few of those signs around. I'm like you though, I wouldn't be walking my self or my dog there!