Saturday, November 28, 2009

Alphabet Suspension Saturday

Awards? Oh boy! We've gotten 2 awards so the Alphabet has been suspended for today. Last week we got an award from Dory and Bilbo's Mama who also has a blog called Thru My Looking Glass. (Bilbo is a lot like Giz I think. Small and a little cranky-pants) Our friend, Kit, over at Dog Daze just gave us one too. I'd like to take the time to thank them for being our friends. After I started reading Kit's blog, I came to Blogspot and used the template to write a couple of pages "just to see if I could" but I didn't publish them. I was just about finished with chemo when I wrote the first page about the bear's visit to our backyard. It's because of Kit's encouragement (and her little push) that I actually put my blog online. Some days I'm still not sure of my direction but I know that I am enjoying this .. even tho "The Giz" is not always cooperative. Having to take pictures has given me the incentive to get out and "do something" on days when I wasn't sure I really wanted to exert that much energy.

Thanks to Dory and Bilbo's Mom, Beth, over at Thru My Looking Glass for the first award.



Here are the Rules for this award:

1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people may not know.
5. Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they've been nominated.

7 Things you may not know about me:
1. I go to an antiques auction every weekend.
2. I am a cancer survivor.
3. I love the movie "Sixteen Candles" and don't care that it's a teen flick.
4. I am always waiting for Diana Gabaldon's next book. I get the "next one" as soon as it's out and since it usually takes her a while to complete "the next one", I do a lot of waiting.
5. I have never been to Hawaii.
6. I hate cold weather but would love to go to the Iditarod.
7. I like crafts but I am more the "jack of all trades and master of none" kind of crafter.

Now...I need to nominate seven other Kreativ Bloggers....some of them may have the award already. If I name someone who does have this award, I'd just like them to know I think they are ARE very creative bloggers.

1. Guinness and Sage at The 'splorin Wolfies from Nova Scotia. I check in every day to see where they have been. Sometimes their friend Groucho shows up. He is handsome too.
2. Martha and Bailey who are Bassets in Scotland. They remind me of a Basset named Axelrod who lived in my house 24 years ago.
3. Riley and Star - My Maltese Kids who have danced their way into my heart. I wish they could teach Giz a few moves.
4. Madi at Potpourri in NC. That cat is a DIVA and her Mom makes me chuckle!
5. Tank of Tank's Two Cents - Tank is the founder of Operation Whack a Squirrel and is truly an inspiration to those dedicated to squirrel control.
6. Jack of Daily Dose of Jack - I know TG needs vacations but I dunno, I think he should take you too. It would be VERY interesting.
7. Billy at Hood's Happenings - he is just a cutie and I love his shirts.

This next award was given to us by our friends Sassy, Zack, and Buddy over at Dog Daze. Their friendship has meant the world to us. I am passing this award to the seven friends - furry and otherwise - listed above. (Not all of them have known they were my friend but having discovered their blogs, I feel friendly towards them.)



Here are the rules:
  1. Publish it on your blog, referring to the furiend(s) who passed it on to you.
  2. Share five things you like to do.
  3. Pass it along to keep the circle growing.

Five things Gizzy likes to do:
  1. Help Dad drive the car.
  2. Eat Chicken.
  3. Walk in the park with Mom or Dad. (Preferably Dad)
  4. Protect Dad from the nefarious designs of the woman who lives with us.
  5. Sleep.

5 comments:

My Mind's Eye said...

Hi Giz and Mom!!!!
GREAT post Mom. You have a magically way with words that makes us all feel special every day. Madi and I thank you for the honorable mention. We're off to take the CR-V in for her 40,000 mile check up.
Hugs Madi and HiC

Unknown said...

Hi there Gizzy and Mom! Thank you so much for the awards! Kit sure got a few of us started, didn't she?? And I agree, it is fun!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Gizzy & Mom for these awards and the kind words. I'm glad you're enjoying blogging and congrats on being a cancer survivor Mom!!!

Ms. ~K said...

Thanks for passing on the award.
I'm so glad you decided to blog, as I look forward to visiting you, Giz, and Pawpaw every day!
Hugs,
Kit

Sierra Rose said...

Hi there! Nice to visit. We saw you on Dog Daze! Congrats on the award.
Just wanted to say....mom has never been to Hawaii either! Hmmmm...in the airport, she says, but, that's about it.
Come by for a visit if ya like.

Hugs and snaggle-tooth kisses,
Sierra Rose