Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The tormented hawk

This is the best I could do. (I am so ashamed.) Really. I was tracking a big commotion in the trees and watched the crows, cardinals, and who knows what else divebombing "something". Quite brave of them actually or even maybe stupid considering who they were divebombing. It was a red tailed hawk and if my first movie ever had turned out better, you would have seen the birds trying to chase it away with their divebombing skills. Some of them would actually "whack" it. The hawk just ignored them.

When I got home, the goldfinches were bathing in the stream. "Geez lady, would ya just go AWAY." We're bathing here.....sheesh!


Look at me now Goldie, you've got me all wet!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Entertainment without leaving home..........
Hmmm.........I don't even have to leave the house.....my mind does the most entertaining things these days............Doesn't it ladies!!!!

Vicki

Ms. ~K said...

I love Goldfinches...never saw them bathing in stream...very cool!!!

the TN Bull Terrors said...

You have so many cool critters to watch, we'd love to come see them all!

Feather, Darla, Pappy & LizzaBella ^..^

Kathy said...

I miss your kind of Goldfinches! (American vs. the Lessors we've seen here) They look cute taking a bath in the stream!
Kathy