Monday, May 24, 2010

Chasing the bear

In answer to your question Ms. ~K, not all of the bear pix were taken from the safety of my window. When I saw the feeder was broken again, I stuck my head out the window and looked around to see if the bear was still there. He wasn't. Obviously I am not a thoughtful neighbor because I did not call my neighbors to let them know he was around. Then the phone rang. My closest neighbor was calling to warn ME that the bear was currently in HER backyard. (I truly did feel a flush of shame when I picked up the phone.) Since I hadn't gotten a picture earlier, I went outside to see if I COULD get one. Since I was unable to get a clear shot from my patio, I decided to walk down the trail in the park to see if I could get a picture by standing across the stream from her house. (I was a little worried because there were young children who were playing in the park by the trail but they were on their way out when I got there.) By the time I reached the spot where I could get a picture, he was on his way out of her yard and hightailing it back towards my yard. I hustled back home only to find ... nothing. "Mr. Gizzy's Mom" aka Pawpa finally spotted him ... climbing up, up, up. I waited a while in the yard but he liked it up in his tree so I went back inside to find a window where I could sit to catch him coming back down. Here are 2 quick videos of him on his way down.


7 comments:

Ms. ~K said...

B, You know I love the bear photos, but please be careful...I've decided to call him B's Bear.
Has Giz sensed that there has been a bear in his yard?

JacksDad said...

I like the scary tv music in the background! Very appropriate! :)

Unknown said...

That is something! I would probably talk to him, like Dr Lynn Rogers at the American Bear Center in Ely MN. "Is me bear" (from a good distance though) hehe Be careful everyone!

My Mind's Eye said...

B
I've always heard where there is one bear there is another...boy that is too close for comfort. Don't go outside after dusk. Do you know if it is an adult? Have the authorities been notified? If it is that close to where there are humans it needs to be relocated! Whew....
scary. Madi and Mom

countryliving said...

There's no place like home.
There's no place like home.
There's no place like home.

AND I'M STAYING HERE......

Anonymous said...

How exciting! I love nature....no wonder Alaska is a great state and we all love it. But who needs to move to Alaska to see bears when one is right outside your window?!!

Liz

chelle said...

Wow....look at you now with all the wildlife! And HiC is right, where there is one, there's always another. Be careful out there my B!!!