Mom was feeling a wee bit better yesterday. She woke up early and made these for Pawpa. Yummy Strawberry Nut Muffins! Well, Pawpa said Yummy. I don't like strawberries so I got a little bite of chicken. You all know I love chicken. I had Mom put the recipe below the picture.
- 1/4 Cup Canola Oil
- 1/2 Cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 Cup white sugar
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Cup chopped strawberries (fresh or slightly thawed frozen)
- 1/2 Cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Oil a 6 cup POPOVER muffin tin. (Mom used Pam for baking.)
- In a small bowl, combine oil, milk, and egg.
- Beat lightly.In a large bowl, mix flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar. (Mom didn't sift the flour. She just spooned it lightly into the measuring cups and leveled it with the flat side of a knife.)
- Toss in chopped strawberries and stir to coat with flour. Pour in milk mixture and stir together.
- Fill muffin cups. (1/2 cup of batter in each one of the 6 cups worked for me.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 35 minutes or until the tops bounce back from the touch. Cool 10 minutes and remove from pan.
** This will make 8 average size muffins or 6 muffins made with a larger popover muffin tin. Mom bought a silicone popover pan and loved, loved, loved it. (Mom used a recipe from Allrecipes.com and adapted it for the larger pan.)