Monday, March 15, 2010

Monday's Muffin by Gizzy's Mom

THE BEST EVER!
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins with Walnuts
It was almost a disaster. I did not buy chocolate chips because I "knew" I had some. Unfortunately many of the chocolate chips had disappeared. As it later turned out, I had enough but it was a little unnerving. When I was almost ready to pop them into the oven, I discovered I'd not added the sugar so I needed to put the batter back into the bowl and add it. What a pain! I liked the muffins that started out as Barb's Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins from Allrecipe.com.

I made a few changes to the recipe because I didn't want 24 muffins; I only wanted 6 big ones so I halved the recipe ingredients to change the measurements to be appropriate for 12 small muffins. (There is an option on the Allrecipe site to do this.) Although the revised recipe called for 1/2 cup of chocolate chips, I added 1 cup of mini-chocolate chips and 1 cup of chopped walnuts. Then I used my 6 muffin popover pan to make bigger muffins and baked them for 50 minutes .


I would have been happier with less chocolate chips but Pawpa has pronounced that these muffins were "THE BEST MUFFINS EVER".


6 comments:

My Mind's Eye said...

Good morning,
Ok lots of kudos here!
1. you take great pictures in general
2. you take great pictures of food
3. the tea pot is gorgeous and adds so much to the picture.
4. what a cook to be able to improvise like that resulting in some fine eats
5. you got a WELL DONE from PAWPA!!!
Madi adn Mom

Anonymous said...

They look like dessert! Yummy to the power of ten! And the coffee pot is beautiful....just beautiful!

Liz

Unknown said...

YUM! I can just smell them way down here! And the teapot, oh my!

Unknown said...

Yummy but forbidden. I'm sticking to Mr and Mrs Mallard's post for today too. My M can borrow your recipe but she's not the best cook.
Twinkie

Kathy said...

Mouth watering picture! It sounds and looks soooooo good!
Very pretty teapot! I bet it's an antique!

chelle said...

Yummo!!!