Friday, January 8, 2010

New Year .. New Hats

Note from Gizzy: Mom hasn't taken many pictures of me lately . Not too many outside pictures either because she's been busy making hats. Only one of the hats is for her. (It's the one on the bottom.) The other hats are going to be placed in the hat box at the Cancer Center.


Note from Mom: I spent last winter with no hair. One of the things I'd never realized was how cold you can feel when you have no hair on your head...even in the house...even at temps when others don't feel cold. You can buy hats and scarfs and turbans and wigs but they don't always do what you want them to do...and they often don't look they way you wish they would. Sometimes a soft, comfy hat is just what you need.

9 comments:

JacksDad said...

I'm always amazed at how talented people are!!

I like the white one - it looks like a baby hat!

RILEY AND STAR MY MALTESEKIDS said...

H Gizzy's Mom,

Those hats are adorable! I think it's a wonderful thing you are doing and I wish you good health this year and always.

Stephanie. Riley and Star's mommy.

My Mind's Eye said...

Giz tell Mom she is one excellent crocheter...is that a word? I love all of them and I know the folks at the cancer center will be very appreciative.
Madi and Mom

Kathy said...

Bette,
Your hats look soft in the photo!
Very beautiful creations! The patients will be fighting over them!

I see what you mean about the crocheted flower, that looks tricky but adds a nice accent to the hat!

chelle said...

I said it before, and I'll say it again.....YOU SO ROCK!!!!

xoxoxo

Unknown said...

I LOVE the pink one! I also WANT the pattern! Love to crochet, its one of my passions in life. Wonderful thing you are doing for other ladies. Stay healthy please!!!

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

What a great cause to do a bit of extra yarny fun for!! One of these days I will expand beyond the granny square.

Ms. ~K said...

B, I love these and such a nice thing you do!!!

countryliving said...

You are a treasure.
Love your hats!
I'm partial to blue.........